Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sunday, June 27


I've been home 27 days and it feels great. I finally gave in and got my hair cut, much cooler in the hot days in the Whipple valley. I've been going to therapy three days a week and now my shoulders hurt, no pain no gain. I learned one thing after seven months my wrist extensions have returned. That is the ability to give a motorcycle gas, I can lift my wrist off the table. The doctors in Atlanta told me that this would happen within the year, and they were right. It's such a good feeling to have something come back, though it's only small, it's a step. My occupational therapist showed me that I could brush my teeth, so guess who has to brush his own teeth now. As for vent weaning I'm up to all day (14 -- 16 hours) off the vent and it feels great, a bit tired at the end of the day, but it makes me sleep well.

3 comments:

  1. You look great Bill! Love the hair and the SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I brought this up I said to myself, his hair is gone!! So glad you are improving, keep up the hard work. You look great, we wish you all the best, God Bless,
    Jeanne Ritchie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless (and you know me, that's unusual)! Bill, I haven't checked this in months and I don't even recognize you! You look AMAZING and I'm so excited to see that red cap instead of vent tubing. I know you have worked so hard and I am soooooo proud of you! Keep up the good work!

    Kimberly Wood, Shepherd Center

    ReplyDelete